Brenden's Rye Bread
Brenden’s Rye Bread
- Combine water, sugar, caraway seed and dry active yeast in a bowl and allow to bloom (3-5 mins)
- Stir in all purpose flour, followed by remaining flour and salt. When it becomes to thick to stir, transfer to a counter and begin kneading (4-5 mins) until smooth and the dough has some bounce.
- Let proof in a lightly oiled bowl covered with a kitchen towel until doubled in size (35-45mins or up to an hour)
- Remove dough from the bowl and shape into a rough square. Fold the dough into thirds and pinch the ends to create a seal.
- Place your dough seam down in a greased loaf pan (4x9”) and lightly score 4-5 times width wise.
- Allow to rise in pan until double in size (45mins to an hour)
- Bake at 375F for 25-30mins until golden brown.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on a rack (1 hour)
10g dry active yeast
10g caraway seed (optional)
300g warm water (90F)
190g all purpose flour
200g bread flour
50g rye flour
50g whole wheat flour