- Pre-heat your oven to 400f
- Add 1 package of White Lily biscuit mix into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add in 3/4 cup of cold, cubed unsalted butter.
- Work the butter into the dry ingredients with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add 1+1/2 cups cold buttermilk and mix to combine. DO NOT OVERWORK the mixture.
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and knead lightly if necessary to form a dough.
- Shape the dough with your hands into a rectangle 1" thick, then fold the dough over itself so it resembles a square.
- Again using your hands, flatten the square of dough back into a rectangle 1" thick, and fold. Repeat this step once more.
- After the final fold cut the square of dough into 9 equal pieces (3x3) and place closely together on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Brush the top of each biscuit with buttermilk and let sit at room temperature for 20 mins.
- Bake for 18-19 mins or until golden brown.
3/4 cup cold unsalted butter cubed
1.5 cups buttermilk
1 bag White Lily Biscuit Mix